TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Your rights with respect to your personal data
- Do we make updates to this notice?
- How can you contact us about this notice?
- How can you review, update or delete the data we collect from you?
Welcome to Preciseby.com, once more. Our products are brought to you by Preciseby.com, a subsidiary of the parent company known as Asante (Pty) Ltd.
In this privacy notice, we detail how we might use your information if you:
- Visit our website at https://www.preciseby.com/
- Communicate with us in other related ways – including any sales, marketing, or events.
This privacy notice applies to Preciseby.com, including our online and mobile accounting and financial services products, apps, products and services branded with the Preciseby name, and any services that we may offer (“events or training”).
We rely on you to provide us with accurate and complete information and to your information up to date. With the mechanisms that Preciseby provides, you can request updates or corrections of any discrepancies in your Personal Information at any time by contacting Preciseby at the contact information listed in the policy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
The policy does not apply to products and services that our business partners, third-party websites, or our affiliates offer.
Kindly Note: We do not knowingly market our services or collect data from any person below the age of 13. We do, however, gather and compile aggregate or anonymized information about our users. We may use and disclose aggregated or anonymized data in our public statements, to locate individuals who may be interested in our services.
Here, if we refer to:
- “Personal data’, we refer to identifiable information about you.
- “Website” or “Site,” we are referring to https://www.preciseby.com/
- “Services,” we are referring to our website, related services such as sales, marketing, or events.
- Identifying purposes
- Limiting collection
- Limiting use, disclose, and retention
- Individual access
- How to challenge any of these principles
- What information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information provided by You.
We collect debit/credit card numbers; billing addresses; contact or authentication; contact preferences; passwords; usernames; mailing addresses; email addresses; phone numbers; names; and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment is stored by Paypal. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/privacy/privacyhub.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookie Notice: https://www.preciseby.com/Cookies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Preciseby collects, uses, discloses, and manages your personal information in many ways, which are connected to our website or services.
We may gather, use or store the following categories of personal information to provide you and your business with our services:
- Contact information (name, phone number, physical address, and email address.),
- Date of Birth,
- Financial Information (income, revenue, assets, credits, deductions, expenses, and bank account details),
- Payment Data (bank account, debit and credit card account numbers, balances and payment history),
- Geo-Location Information,
- Website, Mobile Application, and Email Usage Data (interactions with a website, application or advertisement),
- Device Information (internet protocol (IP) address, device type, unique identifier, app version, operating system, network data, and phone state),
- Login Information,
- Demographic data,
- Professional or employment-related information; &
- Education information.
Preciseby may collect your personal Information for the following reasons:
In order to provide you with the services you request, which may include the following:
- We gather data directly from you when you use or interact with our website or our Services. This Personal Information may relate to you, your employees, or individuals you interact with.
- We also collect information from third parties when you connect your Preciseby account to them. These integrations may pull data into or share data out of Preciseby. In some cases, we use a service provider to connect you to a third-party service (e.g., when you connect a bank account to Preciseby). When you connect your Preciseby account with a third-party service, their terms and policies apply.
- We may also collect your name and email address from third parties when you sign up and login to our Site using single sign-on (SSO).
Our Site or Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, you may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- To promote or offer you Services, and to determine your eligibility for new products and services we may offer from time to time.
- To offer you Products and Services from our Business Partners.
- To provide you with educational materials and guides relevant to the Services you use.
- To contact you for the purposes of Service updates, and system and account notifications.
- To provide you with support in connection with our Services.
- We collect information and usage data whenever you interact with us, whether online, through a mobile application, or via email. This data may include the websites you visit, what you click on, and the time when you perform those actions. These activities may be performed by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
We use your personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
In legal terms, we are generally the “data controller” under European data protection laws since we determine the means and/or purposes of the data processing we perform. However, if you are a business customer with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement for the provision of corporate services to you, then you would be the “data controller” and we would be the “data processor” under European data protection laws since we would be processing data on your behalf in accordance with your instructions.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For more information see our Cookie Notice: https://www.preciseby.com/Cookies.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We do not sell your Personal Information to other companies. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Preciseby may legally divulge your Personal Information. In other cases, we may disclose your data that you have consented to, to other Preciseby’s affiliates, or to third parties with whom we have a written contract limiting the use and disclosure of your information. We may share your information to support the products and services you request, or provide you with information on products and services that may benefit you.
- Preciseby’s Affiliates.We may provide information to companies related by common ownership or control. These companies may use this information to support the products and services you request or market additional products and services to you.
- Business Partners.We work closely with a variety of business partners that are not Preciseby’s sister companies. We may offer products jointly with our business partners. We may share information that is related to such transactions with that business partner. We require all business partners to have written agreements with us that require them to safeguard your information and prohibit them from selling, retaining, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the contract.
- Service Providers.We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. We have written agreements with our service providers that require them to utilize appropriate physical, technical, and administrative controls to protect personal information and prevent them from using personal information for any purpose other than performing the service they provide. For instance, we may use service providers to host our website and to process payments. Your Personal Information may be maintained and processed by these third parties in other jurisdictions. When your information is in another jurisdiction, it will be subject to their laws. We only share the information these service providers need to perform the service and we don’t authorize them for any other use or disclosure of personal information.
- Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business.If we sell or transfer any of our business or assets (including insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event such sale or transfer results in a material change to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change to this Privacy Notice as described below.
- Responses to Legal Requests.We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law pursuant to a legal request. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from us. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Protection of Wave and Others.We may disclose your information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect either your or our rights and safety. We may disclose your information to federal, state, provincial, or local officials in order to, and only to the extent necessary, inform the official of activities that may constitute, or may have constituted, a violation of any criminal law or to assist the official in investigating or prosecuting a violation of criminal law.
- Aggregate Data. We may disclose aggregate information compiled using information that does not identify you individually or personally.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Submitting other people’s Personal Information.
When you submit the Personal Information of your customers or employees to us, you bear the responsibility of informing such customers and employees about Preciseby, and for obtaining any necessary consent or authority from them, including informing them that Preciseby operates globally and utilizes various service providers.
When you choose to refer someone to our website or through our referral programs, we may ask for that person’s name and contact information, including email address. Upon receiving that email address, we will send a single invitation. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals or businesses with whom you have a relationship and who would want to receive the message.
Closing your Preciseby Account
At any time and without penalty, you can close your Preciseby account and terminate our Services to you. Ensure that you complete the account closure process which includes a confirmation email. Much to your dismay, you may discover that your account was not closed.
Email and Communications Consent
The only way to completely stop all emails from Preciseby is to close your account as outlined above.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than six (6) months past the termination of the user’s account, unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulation.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data that we may have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. For further information, please see our Cookie Notice: https://www.preciseby.com/Cookies.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Preciseby uses a combination of reasonable and appropriate safeguards designed to protect your information. Safeguards are administrative controls (policies, procedures, and training), technical controls (encryption, firewalls, and secure coding frameworks), and physical controls (secured hosting environments). For additional details, you may visit our security page. If you have questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We guarantee you that any third party acting on our behalf shall maintain reasonable and appropriate safeguards with regards to your Personal Information. Additional information about our third parties’ privacy practices is available upon request.
The responsibility for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information lies with you. For instance, you must refrain from giving out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties. Our team will never request your password or PIN. Do not display or post account or credit card numbers to our support channels.
- Your rights with respect to your personal data
You may access, update, and correct inaccuracies in the Personal Information in our custody or control at any time, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by the law. Furthermore, you can download or export data you input into Preciseby website at any time. To correct discrepancies, simply log in to your account and make the necessary changes.
You can also request access, corrections, or updates to all your Personal Information, including information that is displayed or readily available through your account, by contacting us at email@example.com. However, take note that we may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Visiting the Preciseby through the website or the Mobile App
Generally, you can visit our website without disclosing to us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, we and/or our service providers (Google Analytics) collect IP (Internet protocol) addresses from all the visitors to the Preciseby website. We also gather other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our website. When you use our mobile app, we also collect device type, operating system, unique device identifier, and date and time stamp. This information helps us to monitor, improve, and to understand the activities on our mobile app and the website.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other
methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data.
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data.
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the law.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email at email@example.com, or by post to:
Asante (Pty) Ltd
3 Waterford Place
2191 South Africa
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, the “data controller” of your personal information is Preciseby (Pty) Ltd. Preciseby (Pty) Ltd has appointed __________ to be its representative in the EEA. You can contact them directly regarding the processing of your information by Asante (Pty) Ltd, or by post to:
If you are a resident in the United Kingdom, the “data controller” of your personal information is Preciseby (Pty) Ltd. Preciseby (Pty) Ltd has appointed __________ to be its representative in the UK. You can contact them directly regarding the processing of your information by Preciseby (Pty) Ltd, or by post to:
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form to firstname.lastname@example.org.